Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

112 Electric Lift spins - won't lift

Weekend Freedom Machines » Restoration and Repair Forum » Gear Drive Tractors » 112 Electric Lift spins - won't lift « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ronald Hicks
Username: Hicks029
MN
Post Number: 6
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 9:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My 1972 112 electric lift shaft will turn but doesn't lift. Does anyone have experience with this? I can get it off the tractor but how do I get it apart to see what's inside. Winter is coming to Minnesota so it would be nice to get it working before I need it with the snow blower.

Edward H. Lincoln
Username: Ed_lincoln
Wa.
Post Number: 2759
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 5:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It pretty simple, the end of the piston like thing is just crimped to the part that is attached to the frame. Your's isn't the first to break loose and slip. You could remove the large diameter cover part clean and lube the screw threads up and weld or pin the slipping end. The lift motor and screw device is simular to 57-59 Ford retractibles.

Don Bradenbaugh
Username: Dbradenb
PA
Post Number: 188
Posted on Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 7:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ronald: Check the Brake spring accessible from the back of the lift mechanism. A fine spring that if broken, will not let the motor engage the lift shaft. JD Part # AM34885 to replace it - item # 29 on the diagram.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/MP91/MP9162_________UN01JAN94.gif

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page