Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

Conestoga Trail Vac

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » Restoration Forum - JD and Allied attachments » Conestoga Trail Vac « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Kean
Username: Atvrder300
Il
Post Number: 400
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anybody seen or know anything about these??? I bought the one pictured below yesterday. It has a hose that connects to the tractor deck as well as a 15 or so feet long hose for cleaning out landscaping. I cannot seem to find any info on it. It is made by Parker. It has a replacement Honda motor, but the rest looks original and really well built. Thanks!

Steven Abel
Username: Sabo461
NJ
Post Number: 690
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 11:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven Abel
Username: Sabo461
NJ
Post Number: 691
Posted on Thursday, November 24, 2011 - 11:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have this owners guide dated March 1985. Let me know if you need anything else out of here.

John Unes
Username: John_u
Illinois
Post Number: 247
Posted on Friday, November 25, 2011 - 6:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've only seen one like that.... LOL

Thanks again Doug, it was nice meeting you the other day!

Mike Bowman
Username: Gmbowman
NC-North Carolina
Post Number: 1
Posted on Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 4:30 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have used one for years, still do. Does a good job. The only issue I have is getting replacement parts for the vacuum and the boot.
I tried replacing my engine with a Honda but the gas tank interfered with the vac assembly so put a Briggs on instead.
Replaced the nylon mesh in the louvers with 1/4" wire.
If you decide you want to part out in the future let me know.

Kevin Brouse
Username: Kevin_brouse
Mi
Post Number: 231
Posted on Wednesday, December 21, 2011 - 12:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you just need a boot to fit your tractor then look for a Trac-Vac dealer. They have lots of options for boots attaching to different tractors and mower decks. I run my trac-vac also with what is deemed to be "hi-lift" mower blades.

The cover on the owner's guide that Steve has shown us it appears that the motor / vac is mounted on a seperate frame that would pin to the tongue of the trailer and when not being used can be rolled away to be stored - those extra options that compaies these days would deem as costing too much for adding some "logic" to their products to help make them sell - more concerned with how money will be pushed down to the bottom line.

Kevin

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page