Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

Archive through December 13, 2012

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » 2011 Open Forum » Archive through December 13, 2012 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Roger Henning
Username: Woodpecker41
WI
Post Number: 7906
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bruce you have the chain installed wrong. It should be like in this picture not over the front of the big sprocket. Roger

Shady
Username: Shadetree

Post Number: 615
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 1:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dan I haven't done it but have read several posts on the subject. Basically you T into the front lines and run lines to the rear. The search feature could find the posts for you. I'm sorry to say I am not very good at asking the right question in search. I either get 10M hits or 0.

bruce sharp
Username: Bruce56071
mn
Post Number: 2
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i beleive from what i'm told it is a 37a but do you have diagram. before chain broke blower spun right
and pully on motor spins counter clockwise(facing it)

Edward H. Lincoln
Username: Ed_lincoln
Wa.
Post Number: 2584
Posted on Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 12:00 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You probably have a model 37 snow blower and the belt needs to be run in a figure 8. Then it will spin in the right direction.

bruce sharp
Username: Bruce56071
mn
Post Number: 1
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 9:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i have a 1974 john deere 110 with 36 inch blower
put new belt on and blower chain now auger spins backwards any idea. any one have a manual for these

Dan Heerts
Username: Danheerts
WI
Post Number: 3
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 6:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shady...LOL

I WOULD buy them both, if I could afford it!, But I can't. so I gotta pick one. so it's either the 300 OR the 317. I just CAN'T decide.

I could sell the 214 snow blower, and then buy one for the 300.

How do you add rear Hydro to the 300 series?

Shady
Username: Shadetree

Post Number: 614
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 6:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dan you won't be around here long before you learn the answer to your question is to buy them both and start looking for a 200 series for that blower. Rear outlets can be added to either of the 300 series.

Dan Heerts
WI
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nother couple question for the "collective" Does either the 300 or 317 have rear end Hydraulics? or is it just front end?
The guy that has the 300, also has a snowblower he would throw in on the deal, BUT..he said it's for a 214. So I assume that won't fit the 300. I could sell it however, and buy a blower for the 300.

Any thoughts?

Bob Wallner
Username: Bob_wallner
WI
Post Number: 391
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ron --- sorry about that --- guess I was getting a little sleepy or fat fingered -- or maybe both! 318, 322, 332 is what I thought I was reading. I guess a 422 would be something rare! Keep on looking to make your collection complete! Thanks-Bob

Dan Heerts
WI
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 5:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys, I am NEW to John Deere's...Just got rid of my POS Box Store Cub Cadet, and now have a chance to buy two different John Deere Setups.

1. is a John Deere 300, comes with full cab enclosure, hydro 54" blade, wheel weights, chains, mower deck. The thing looks beautiful and is well taken care of. extra set of turf wheels. (600 HOURS ON IT)
2. is a John Deere 317 (with stage 2 engine) that comes with a #49 blower, mower deck and rear tiller. has rear Ag tires (1200 hours on it)

Now, question is WHICH one should I go with? These are both essentially the SAME units from what I've read. Neither have rear hydro do they, how does a rear tiller work?

Oh and they are both priced within $100 of each other.

So.....what do you guys think I should do?

Ron Haass
Username: Trapperjohn
DE
Post Number: 189
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 2:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bob, A 422 REALLY, Oooooh man, I thought I had all of the neat 400's and now I have to find a 422. They are probably hard to find and expensive. Thanks Bob.

Jeremy Allen
Username: Deereman84
IL
Post Number: 866
Posted on Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 7:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is the drive unit for the Quik-tach snowblowers. This is for the 300 series tractors. In operational theory it is driven the same way as the 49 blower.

Bob Wallner
WI
Post Number: 389
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I am reading the chart Terry linked up, it shows a quick-tach for 47 blower with option K utilized on 318, 422, and 332?? Maybe my memory is not fading off...or maybe it is!??? What do you guys see?

Bob Wallner
WI
Post Number: 388
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gary, I will agree with you on the surface, as most that I see in quick-tach are shaft driven style. However if my memory serves me right I thought there was a quick-tach series set up for the later 318's in the early 90's. If not OEM Deere I think there was another that was a Allied product called Quick-Tach as I think one was advertised here last winter...white in color / black decals? I could -- and am probably are wrong. Anyone recall one way or the other??

Gary Parsons
Username: 3jd318
IA
Post Number: 682
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 9:46 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A quick tach is shaft driven.

Jeremy Allen
Username: Deereman84
IL
Post Number: 865
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 12:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greg-
Anything run off the front of the 318 was technically belt drive. There should be a pulley on the end of the drive shaft that ir run off of front PTO pulley but it is still belt drive. There is no way to hook a drive shaft directly to the 318. The newer 4X5 snowblowers were a true shaft drive. A long drive shaft runs from the blower back to the hydro at the rear. A 2 stage snowblower is good for either deep snow or wet snow. A single will work fine in anything else.

Greg Van Hal
Username: Gskc
Mn
Post Number: 119
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 11:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not looked at the tractor yet. The dealer has a 2 stage that is shaft driven not belt. If I buy it I was planning on filling the rear tires with washer fluid.
Greg

Bob Wallner
WI
Post Number: 386
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 10:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greg, There is a 2 stage model 47 and a single stage model 49. The earlier 47's are heavy and tall, the newer are shorter, lighter, and use a quick hitch set up so you can change to a blade if you like. Neither 2 stage version of the 47 is all that common to find, but there is one listed by a member of WFM on here in the classified right now. In general you need a fair amount of weight with either, but certainly more if going to the two stage. I have one 330 set up with a 49, and a rack of 6 suitcase weights out back. We have a 332 with a 47 (old generation) and the same weight package. I am a pretty heavy guy, and a lighter person would need to add wheel weights as well to have decent movement with the 47. The 49 on the other hand moved pretty well with just the rack, regardless of how heavy a operator is on it. For moving the big stuff, or moving a bank back it is hard to stop a 2 stage 47. For most everything a person typically sees up North here, a 49 works very well as well.

Terry Reed
Username: Treed
MO
Post Number: 4747
Posted on Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 6:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greg,
You can find what snowblower fits a 318 here:

300 Series Attachment Compatibility This info is in our Technical FAQ section.

Greg Van Hal
Username: Gskc
Mn
Post Number: 118
Posted on Monday, December 10, 2012 - 5:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm looking at buying A 318. what size of snow blower fits this tractor and is single stage better than 2 stage?
Thanks Greg

Lee Hilgendorf
Username: Lees_140h3
WI
Post Number: 20
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 5:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Drew, I have had it for a couple of months now and am just installing it. I am thankful it was stored with the cylinder retracted,the cyl rod looks great. No hoses and covered in grease and dirt. Engine cleaner and hot water did the trick before the freeze hit.

M. Drew
Username: Drew
WI
Post Number: 1395
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 4:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lee,

AJ lives where it's still warm and people have garden hoses that aren't frozen.

Use simple green and the Super Wash by the "drive in" Burger King.

Lee Hilgendorf
WI
Post Number: 19
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 3:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, the WFM Files are great I didn't know they existed, now I just need to get some hoses made up. Is it a good idea to use a lockout link with just a snow blower and the three point or is the lockout link just to speed up the rear hygraulics even with an H3.
Thanks again

AJ Cannon
Username: Ajcan
Ga
Post Number: 3051
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 2:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lee

You really don't need a manual,I can tell you how to clean up a nasty hitch.
Simple green and a pressure washer works wonders.

AJ

Terry Reed
MO
Post Number: 4745
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 1:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lee,
Here are the install instructions for mounting a 3 point hitch to a 140:

3 point install instructions for 140

Ron Haass
Username: Trapperjohn
DE
Post Number: 184
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 1:00 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lee, There is a ton of info. at (www.wfmfiles.com) about 3 pt hitches on 140'S.

Lee Hilgendorf
WI
Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, December 09, 2012 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I found a nasty 3 point for my 140 h3 and would like to find a manual for it. Did they produce one? I thought there was a vendor on here that sold manuals, but don't find one. Also can I just plug it into the ports in the rear of the tractor and use it. I also found a rock box.

Bert Levesque
Username: Bert
MB
Post Number: 363
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Better hang on to that woman Darren!

Cheers

Darren Little
Username: Darren_little
OH
Post Number: 123
Posted on Saturday, December 08, 2012 - 8:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The green disease struck again today. Found a nice original 1969 140H1 and some how it came home with me. Backed up to the garage to unload and my wife just looked out at me a shook her head. This is 140 number 5 I think she likes them too.

Dave Dufoe
Username: Dd57chevy
IA
Post Number: 396
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 7:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven , I was not being intentionally rude with the remark about your age . I'm 53 & 4yrs ago I was computer illiterate . Didn't have classes available in high school .

I will tell you the secret ,though , to solving the frustrating problems with your computer . Find a local teenage computer nerd you can trust & pay him to help you . Offer , say , $35 an hr , 1/2 hr minimum .

He/she can probably show you how in 20 minutes & will be elated to be making money at home .

Like I say , find someone you can trust & be careful . Insist on parental supervision . Anybody can accuse anybody of anything .

Terry Reed
MO
Post Number: 4737
Posted on Friday, December 07, 2012 - 6:09 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven,
Dave is right. Pictures here have to be resized to 640 x 480 and 75kb. I use Irfranview, which is free to resize my images.http://www.irfanview.com/

First thing is to be sure your camera isn't taking too high a resolution of a picture. I think that's where most people are having trouble today. Years ago it wasn't a problem as there were no 18mp cameras. I have a 3.1mp Kodak and I can resize my pictures down to where they're pretty good for this site. Adjust your settings on your camera is the first thing.

Second, be sure you have a good resizing program, like Irfanview or similar. Learn how to use it to get maximize results.

Third, after you are typing in your text, be sure you hit your enter key on your keyboard a couple of times then click on the "Upload Attachment" button below the "Post" area. When you do that a another window pops up and you just click on the "Browse" button and then find your picture on your computer. Then hit "Open" and then hit "Upload". If you want to add more pictures, be sure you hit your enter key on your keyboard a couple of times to avoid stacking the pictures horizontally which will make the screen too wide.

If you do use Irfanview, Gary Blackman did this great write up here: http://www.weekendfreedommachines.com/discus/messages/96042/185395.html?1326197175

Good luck.

Dave Dufoe
Username: Dd57chevy
IA
Post Number: 395
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eric & Duane , you'll get more help & responses if you start a thread in the "Restoration & Repair " forum .

Steven , this site requires photos to be resized , or optimized . Believe me , i had no idea how to do that . I ended up going to my library & getting help . I THINK most guys , like me , resize them through free sites you can find on the internet .

You'll have to get specifics on which one is best for your computer set-up . I have Windows Vista and could not get a popular one , "Picasa " to work at all . Ended up using "Free Image Optimizer".

But again , Your profile says you're even older than I am . Either go to the librarian or pay someone to help you .

Gary Parsons
Username: 3jd318
IA
Post Number: 681
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles the seal is not the problem,most likely the bearrings wore into the shaft . Probably needashaft andbearing. Not hard, just pricey.

eric mortvedt
Username: Greenbaycolors
MN
Post Number: 64
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 8:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What is symptomatic of a malfunctioning fuel pump on a 82' 318. I'm having to spray gas into the carb to start it after siting for a week or two.

Steven Lewis Nichols
Username: Threeeighteen
Illinois
Post Number: 60
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 7:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is anyone willing to come show me how to post photos? My computer is transparent and I can't fugure out how to make it work......

Duane Plant
Username: Gearhead
Ca
Post Number: 26
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 5:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I would appreciate how the hydraulic drive belt on my 112H square fender is adjusted. I got the tractor in parts and am trying to get it back together.I am going to get a service manual after the holidays but would like to work on it now. Thanks

Army
Username: Army
ON
Post Number: 4887
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 4:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They're there Roger. They're transparent weights. You can see them if you look at the blank space on an angle. They're lighter than regular weights but you can take the wheel off without removing them.

Army

Roger Henning
Username: Woodpecker41
WI
Post Number: 7876
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 1:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven I think you forgot the picture of the weights. Roger

Steven Lewis Nichols
Username: Threeeighteen
Illinois
Post Number: 59
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 12:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Anyone able to identify these wheel weights?

Charles Taggart
Username: Bikerinthebreeze
Va
Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 12:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info. Actually, the guy that gave it to me just called he found the plow blade and mower deck for this tractor in a fallen down shed. How much of a pain is it to replace that seal on the front of the pump where the drive shaft goes in?

Charles Taggart
Va
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 12:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scot Gabel ($$)
Username: Scotsjohndeeres
WI
Post Number: 714
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:56 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charles,
Welcome and check out the for sale section or place a want ad in the wanted section.
You will get your parts.
We don't do the "whats it worth".

Good luck.

Charles Taggart
Va
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all. New here. I just dragged a '87 318 out of the woods where it had been for the last decade. After some serious effort, it runs like new and everything works, and is actually in pretty good condition, except the lip seal where the drive shaft goes in leaks bad. I am missing the grill and right side cover and no front PTO or mule drive or deck. Is there A junk yard near me that would have these parts? I'll probably end up selling it as I have no use for it, what's it worth?

stephen shiery
Username: Sashiery
MO
Post Number: 2317
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 9:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ted, the carb for the 14 hp engine will work but not that well on your 10 hp engine.

Someone else might have a better idea than I do but unless there's a problem with the rest of the 10 hp carb, you could buy another new throttle shaft with a matching new butterfly and new screws for the 10 hp carb and get a lot better results.

If you check around on this website or a couple others there are threads on carb "adaptations" that might help.

Tom Shively
Username: Shivelyt
In
Post Number: 890
Posted on Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 5:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This was screwed to the dash tower on my 140. I hope this isn't a dumb question, but what is it??

The white nylon bushing was underneath it.

Ted Winter
Username: Dator76
MN
Posted on Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 9:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all I'm new here. I have a 210 with the k241. I've had it since 94 and this is its second overhaul by me its now .020 on both piston and crank (it was .010) I've ported it and smoothed a track from the valves to the piston and left out the head gasket when assembling it. I started it and it ran wild (about 1/2 open) with throttle at idle. I pulled off the carb and found the butterfly laying in the intake (10 years ago I replaced the throttle shaft and the screw holes were too far apart on new shaft so I slotted holes in butterfly) the screw heads had pulled thru. I've managed to assemble a 14hp carb from the 2 I have found in my pile of parts. My question is how does the bigger carb work on the smaller 10 hp motor?
thanks, Ted

Terry Reed
MO
Post Number: 4734
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 8:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I actually have that episode of "How It's Made" on my DVR. It aired over a year ago when I recorded it.

Kevin Cook
Username: Cubby
MO
Post Number: 102
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 7:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steve, That was a neat video. I just wonder what a video of them building that 110 further down the page would look like. Bet it took longer than 72 minutes to put those babies together!

Steven Abel
Username: Sabo461
NJ
Post Number: 762
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 4:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRON3A2Qtk

Just a neat little video

Kevin Cook
MO
Post Number: 101
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 11:53 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darren, I was looking at it that way. I wasn't sure about the brand. I keep hearing about the off brands being a little on the small side. I measured the diameters on 3 tractors sitting in the garage last nite. 2 were Carlisles, a Turf Guard and a Turf Chief and the 3rd was a Goodyear Terra. The Goodyear is somewhere in the 90% tread neighborhood, the Turf Chief maybe 50-60% and the Turf Guard about 50%. None of them was anywhere near 23 inches tall. The Goodyear was about 22 1/2 at the tallest. The Carlisles were just short of that. So I don't think the "size argument" holds much water since it appears you have to buy a 24 inch tire to actually get a 23 inch diameter tire anyway. I figure the BKTs are built for trenchers and I won't be doing anything near that rough. Looks like Christmas caught up with me, tho and they'll have to wait until after the first of the year.

Darren Little
Username: Darren_little
OH
Post Number: 118
Posted on Tuesday, December 04, 2012 - 11:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kevin I run BKT tires on my 318 and love them. I have both the Carlisle and the BKT. They are both loaded with washer fluid. The BKT have more ply which I didn't need but could not turn down for less money than the carlisle. I put the carlisle on one of my 140's that I use as a utility and they do ok for that. I have had them 3 years now and use the tractor about every day and they have hardly worn at all. I can try to post pics if you need me too.

Kevin Cook
MO
Post Number: 100
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 1:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has anybody had any luck with BKT tires? Found a deal on'em and can't really afford the Carlisles right now.

Ron White
Username: Ron_white
NY
Post Number: 1970
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 1:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow Scott,

That is a quiet engine !!

David Thewes
Username: Jdmaninlouky
ky
Post Number: 1838
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm callin' the PO-PO !

Whatr' ya gonna ask for that turd ? I'll bid 125 if you'll deliver it to me .... Fixed up of course . Nice guy that I amz .

Scott Graham
Username: Attorney_barnabas_collins
IL
Post Number: 19
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 11:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got the '64 running around the yard today. I had to clean the points and swap on a different carb. (It came with a carb off some stationary engine with the hand choke, I swapped on one with the cable choke arm.) Steering isd loose, pedal won't stop the belt from turning so it won't shift properly. It's running in the photos. I'll list it in the for sale section as soon as the grille arrives. Don't need any more projects.

kenny jernigan
Username: Kwj427
tn
Post Number: 522
Posted on Monday, December 03, 2012 - 7:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice find!

Bevan D. Kelbert
Username: Chance_2
Manitoba
Post Number: 482
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 9:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice find Scott!

Chuck Van Dusen
Username: Chuckv
OR
Post Number: 6218
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 9:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great deal Scott!!!

(those rarely happen -- and even more seldom involve me ... )

Chuck

Scott Graham
Username: Attorney_barnabas_collins
IL
Post Number: 18
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 9:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I was on the way to an auction Saturday and passed a rummage sale on the road. I saw a round fender 110 and did a U turn. As I walked up, I saw the narrow tires, then the flat belt cover and tube front axle and 3 speed and 3 bolt axles. The guy said it had a new battery and front tires, but the carb needed rebuilt. No grille. (I put the hood in the van for safekeeping) It's a '64. When he said $100, I couldn't give him the money fast enough.

John Fernandez
Username: Vibroluxe
NJ
Post Number: 1369
Posted on Sunday, December 02, 2012 - 6:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Loader came in handy today. We pulled out a concrete pad that had been busted up by the storm. Still hard work but this guy made it a lot easier

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page