Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

2000 RPM rear PTO Attachments

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » Restoration Forum - JD and Allied attachments » 2000 RPM rear PTO Attachments « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mike Duwe
Username: Mikeduwe
Wi
Post Number: 1712
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 7:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just acquired a rear pto that will be going on my 332. I also have the 3 point hitch. From what I have come up with, the 2000 rpm pto uses a unique spline and diameter not to be mixed up with 1000 or 540 rpm attachments. Deere made a MCS and mechanical tiller that ran off there pto. Cub Cadet also had a rear tiller that ran off of the 2000 PTO, and Kubota as well? I gues Tractor Supply sells the stub shaft that fits the female spline of the gearbox on the tractor.

Are there other attachments/brands that will work with the 2000rpm PTO? Has anyone built any custom attachments or retrofitted any existing ones? A power lawn thatcher and rear mounted snowblower can be found in the gallery, any others out there?

I think a rear mounted flail mower, 48" wide with a pto shaft off the tractor to a right angle gearbox with shaft running to one side then reduced through a chain would be cool to make. Dont want to think about how much work it would be to attach all the brackets for the flails to hang from!

AJ Cannon
Username: Ajcan
Ga
Post Number: 1255
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 7:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike

John Deere also made the 260 finish mower and a 50 inch version as well for the 2000 pto.

AJ

Mike Duwe
Wi
Post Number: 1713
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 8:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AJ, I remembered these a little while after I posted. I knew they made something else, hard to justify offering the PTO option for only 2 attachments!

Dennis J Farmer
Username: Djfarmer
Mi
Post Number: 82
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike
Befco still offer a tiller w/2000rpm gear box
http://www.befco.com/products/till-rite/t30.html

Dennis

Chuck Van Dusen
Username: Chuckv
OR
Post Number: 494
Posted on Monday, October 29, 2007 - 10:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike,

Of course the 30 hydraulic tiller can run off the rear PTO clutch (albeit a slightly unique set-up with a double pulley instead of the spline drive) and since you can get a different version of the 30 hydro tiller that mounts the pump under the belly in the same place as the deck, the tiller can be set up to use either the front or rear PTO, so I don't think that this attachment qualifies as a justification for your definition.

Does anyone here on WFM need justification for the hobby??

Chuck

(Message edited by chuckv on October 29, 2007)

Francis Kozlovsky Sr.
Username: Trainstractors
WI
Post Number: 853
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 9:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CC also sold a 42" single blade rotary mower made by Bush Hog. That mounted on the 3PH and was driven off of the 2000 RPM PTO.

Bill Garrett
Username: Billycarte
VA
Post Number: 245
Posted on Tuesday, October 30, 2007 - 11:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wheel Horse 3pt Cat 0 attachments will work as well. They made a 50 inch tiller, and a 60 inch rear mower (made for them by Woods, I believe it was a model RM306 painted red instead of yellow and white). JD made two collection systems that used the splined shaft 2K rpm pto. The Tilt Dump MCS, and the Hydraulic Dump MCS. Do not try to convert a 540 RPM attachment by simply changing the shaft on the implement. Your tractor does not have enough horse power to drive the attachment at almost 4 times it's design speed. This would also be very unsafe. Also the JD 400 garden tractor 3 pt Cat 0 rear PTO attachments will not work without significant modification.

Mike Duwe
Wi
Post Number: 1721
Posted on Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - 12:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys, I have seen a few of these guys, Woods RM42 mowers.

Passed one up for $300. I didnt have the PTO then, oh well.

I know Mark from southern WI bought a rear finish mower at Little G for his tractor. It was the 430 with the 3 pt fork lift on it. Not sure what brand finish mower it was, but it was red and basically a rectangle with a gearbox.

Ron Margenthaler
Username: Jd_man
Il.
Post Number: 3
Posted on Thursday, November 01, 2007 - 5:10 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike
I sold the mower to Mark. It is a Rotek mower (I think???) that artsway bought out. You can still get parts through artsway. The mower is a 48 inch with one gear box then belt drive to two blades. Very good mower. Mark posted a picture of it after he got it home. I sold it because I put a JD503 on my 4410. Ron

charles jarrett
Username: Ccj
Missouri
Post Number: 30
Posted on Friday, November 16, 2007 - 2:54 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mike - if by chance you want to get rid of that 2000 rear PTO, just let me know.

charles jarrett
Missouri
Post Number: 41
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 10:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Disregard Mike - I bought me a rear pto

Eric Tenney
Username: Jdlg
MN
Post Number: 395
Posted on Sunday, November 25, 2007 - 9:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ArtsWay quit making finishing mowers. Arts Way is made about 15 miles south of me. My neighbor who is also into collecting L&G tractors works there and told me that they quit making the mowers because nobody was buying them he said they sold 21 of them in 06

jay dorsett
Username: Hogedog
sd
Post Number: 155
Posted on Thursday, January 24, 2008 - 12:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As far as rear mowers go, I really like the performance of my 260 behind my 420. It's a finishing mower, but it goes through some pretty ugly stuff, also. The occasional pocket gopher mound really doesn't bother it, but it sure throws the clippings on me/the back of the tractor/and itself.

Charlie Jarrett
Missouri
Post Number: 181
Posted on Thursday, February 07, 2008 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jay - watch out for flying fur.............

jay dorsett
sd
Post Number: 229
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 10:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good riddance to those little mountain making bastards- I'd send them all straight to ....!
Front blade works a little better than the 260! I have trapped and poisoned before- but if you keep destroying their mounds, they soon leave.

Ken Dennis
Username: Kend
IN
Post Number: 367
Posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 4:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I prefer the M-80 method myself! :-)

jay dorsett
sd
Post Number: 240
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

17 HMR on gophers!
not peta approved, but that hasn't stopped me yet. Those little varmints pose a serious threat to livestock. That's why I send them straight to ....!

Da da da- eatin' grass
Da da da- havin' a nice day
WACK!

Requium!

Loren Vosberg Jr
Username: Lorenjr
mn
Post Number: 239
Posted on Thursday, March 06, 2008 - 10:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

those little varmints are a threat to human ankles too. i was lucky enough to hit one once with my nitro r/c truck. that little sucker popped outta his hole at just the right time.

Eric Tenney
Username: Jdlg
MN
Post Number: 615
Posted on Saturday, March 08, 2008 - 5:20 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There worth money. Cut the feet off. I forget how much they pay for them it's not much but some people pay for the feet. Just to prove that you did trap one and not saying that you did.

jay dorsett
sd
Post Number: 253
Posted on Sunday, March 09, 2008 - 10:04 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Do they still do that? I know my dad used to get .05 for a pocket gopher front paw, and he used to give us kids a quarter for one. We learned how to get 'em pretty good. In a 200 acre pasture, they would be making mounds in the opposite end from the cows. (if the cows were in the North end at night, there would be fresh mounds in the south end.) Trapping them works very well, but who has the time? It's unfortunately one of those things that gets put on the back burner, then one day you notice you're over run with 'em. We had a pasture sit empty for a couple years, they really tore it up in a hurry. When we ran cattle back in it, the pocket gophers vacated in a hurry. I even shot some that were topside during the day, never saw that before. Dog got a bunch, too.
My brother in AZ has a problem with gophers. They burrow into his irrigation berms, and make them leak. He traps them just like pocket gophers. They must be tough to dig through that red dirt--more like concrete!

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page