Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

Experimental (snowblower) cutting edg...

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » Restoration Forum - JD and Allied attachments » Experimental (snowblower) cutting edge « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Aaron Chadbourne
Username: Cadddummy2007
ME.
Post Number: 220
Posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 - 8:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have been working on an experimental cutting edge for the 49 snowblower. I think it will work fine and not scratch the drive-way like the JD OEM style. I will post one in the classified to see if anyone would like to try it out. This is made from 100% Teflon.
e

Jim Briney
Username: Lodogg2221
IN
Post Number: 2731
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 9:14 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Aaron, I thought of using that. I used a piece on my 54 blade with good results. It doesnt bend over ice like the rubber does, but doesnt scratch the concrete either.

My only thought about not using it myself was that properly adjusted, it shouldnt touch the ground, unless its really uneven. The skid shoes are what scratches my concrete. I am going to get wider ones at some point, as I think that will help to some degree.

That said, I think some guys like to run them all the way down, and in that case I think you have a winner there! That is some tough stuff. I would imagine being flat on the bottom, it will last as long as the standard edge too.

jay dorsett
Username: Hogedog
sd
Post Number: 421
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd take one for a 40 front blade and a 54 front blade if you make them. That is assuming they're going to be durable.

andrew fisher
Username: 110johndeere
pa
Post Number: 33
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jim your comment about the shoes scratching the drive got me thinking. if that teflon is really durable, why not cut some pieces out, recess two bolt holes and bolt them to the bottom of the shoes? i'm thinking i might give it a try

Jim Briney
Username: Lodogg2221
IN
Post Number: 2736
Posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 - 4:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well the shoes are round, and thin, so it would be hard to get it to last, if you could get it attached.
Now if you had the HD skid shoes, you could probably attach it, but then you might not be able to get it to rest on the ground...it would add thickness. Unless of course you make your own.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page