Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

John Deere 31 tiller mounting

Weekend Freedom Machines » The WFM Archives » Restoration Forum - JD and Allied attachments » John Deere 31 tiller mounting « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob Baum
Username: Robb74
NY
Post Number: 3
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 8:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just picked up a 31 tiller for my 1975 210. Other than the mule drive, what other parts do I need to mount and use it. Can anyone give me any info on how the tiller hooks up to the mule drive, where the mule drive is mounted, etc? I'd appreciate any help since I've never used a tractor mounted tiller before.
email robandleanne@frontiernet.net
thanks
Rob

Edward H. Lincoln
Username: Ed_lincoln
Wa.
Post Number: 1263
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 8:22 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you run down the"Gear Drive" topic list to" John Deere 214" you will see 2 pictures that I have posted several times in the last couple of years. ONe picture is of the side of the tractor showing the tiller and the mule drive.

Rob Baum
Username: Robb74
NY
Post Number: 4
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 8:51 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ed,

It looks like the only pieces I may be missing are the depth control linkage and the black lift rod. I have the belt that runs from the tiller to the mule drive, but not the belt from the tract pto to the mule drive. Would that be a different size than the one that runs my lawn deck? Also, would that belt (for the tiller mule drive), run off the outer pto pulley?
thanks

Edward H. Lincoln
Username: Ed_lincoln
Wa.
Post Number: 1264
Posted on Friday, April 24, 2009 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the belt to the tiller mule drive goes in the same place as the mower deck belt. The tiller mule drive belt is shorter than the belt for the mower.

Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page