Weekend Freedom Machines

Topics Topics Edit Profile Profile Help/Instructions Help Member List Member List Register for Account Register for Account  
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Search Search Tree View Tree View Clipart Clipart  

Rear hydraulic outlets for 425/445/455?

Weekend Freedom Machines » John Deere Lawn Tractor and Late Model Garden Tractor Forum » Late Model GT Technical Forum » Rear hydraulic outlets for 425/445/455? « Previous Next »

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  Start New Thread        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tim French
Username: Timf
NY
Post Number: 166
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 4:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jay,
The rear hydraulic kit BM17939 went NLA about 3-4 years ago. Someone on this forum mentioned that was happening so I ran to my dealer and bought one...about $120 on fire sale as I recall. Anyway, I believe one of the sponsors of this site hade a similar kit...don't recall the price and don't see his logo at the top of the forum any longer. I hope this helps..if I can recall the sponsor's name, I'll repost, however, I'm sure there are others that will remember.
Tim

Jay Smith
Username: Rustyknuckles
MA
Post Number: 350
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 3:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I remember correctly, the 445 uses 18-850 x 8 tires, which use a wider rim than the 16-650 x 8 ones that are stock on the 425. Looks like the wide tires might rub on the steering spindle arms, if used on the narrow rims. Anyway, I finessed that issue by finding some 18-750 x 8 tires, which clear all the steering parts nicely.

Cookie Monster
Username: Melloyellokidd
Alabama
Post Number: 785
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 1:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You would probably be better off and talking to one of the salesmen to see if he could look it up in the whole goods library to find out if it NLA. Once he/she figures that out, they should be able to search Nationwide to see if anyone has one in old stock.

I would be interested to see what you find out as I just bought a 425. Post some pics of your 425 with the bigger tires please. I think the 425's look funny with those little tires on them....lol

Jay Smith
Username: Rustyknuckles
MA
Post Number: 349
Posted on Friday, August 17, 2012 - 12:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I've got my 425 about as tricked out as it can be. Bigger 445 style tires, full front hydraulics, 3 pt, rear PTO.

But I notice that in JDParts there is a breakout for a rear hydraulic outlet kit. They just show all the parts, but do not reference a whole-goods number. So one could build up a kit from all the parts, which seem to be still available.

Is it safe to assume there had been a complete kit, now NLA? If so, does anyone know what its stock number would have been? Perhaps there is one gathering dust on some JD dealer shelf. (that raises another question - how to find where it might be - can one dealer do a computer search - or do I need to call up all the JD dealers, one by one ?? !!)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Administration Administration Log Out Log Out   Previous Page Previous Page Next Page Next Page